Ubiquiti airMAX Rocket 5AC Lite Wireless Bridge/Base Station (R5AC-LITE)
Designed to mount and interface with the Ubiquiti Networks RocketDish, the R5AC-LITE rocket ac airMAX ac BaseStation from Ubiquiti Networks uses airMAX ac technology to provide up to 450 Mbps throughput. With an outdoor UV stabilized plastic enclosure this BaseStation can be installed in some of the harshest conditions allowing for the data signal to reach greater distances. Inside the enclosure you will find a 720 MHz Atheros MIPS 74Kc processor complete with 128MB of DDR2 RAM and 16MB of NOR Flash memory for enhanced processing power to allow for a stronger more stable signal. Ports on the BaseStation include one Gigabit Ethernet port and two waterproof RP-SMA RF connections to prevent against water damage.
The BaseStation is capable of operating in both Access Point, and Station modes allowing you to configure it to suit a variety of networking needs. Integrated QoS functionality allocates network resources to provide enhanced streaming of data while the airMAX engine with custom IC improves TDMA latency. Improved TDMA latency greatly increases data throughput and provides enhanced network speeds.
High Data Throughput
5 GHz Frequency Band
Plug and Play Integration
Passive Power over Ethernet
• Long-Range PtP link mode
• Selectable channel width
• PtP: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz
• PtMP: 10/20/30/40 MHz
• Automatic channel selection
• TX Power Control: Auto/manual
• Automatic distance selection (ACK timing)
• Strong WPA2 security
• Instant input validation
• HTML5 technology
• Optimization for mobile devices
• Detailed device statistics
• Diagnostic tools, including Ethernet cabling test, RF diagnostics, and airView Spectrum Analyzer
Advanced RF Analytics
• Persistent RF Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) constellation diagrams
• Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio (CINR) histograms
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) time series plots.
• Constantly monitors environmental noise
• Collects energy data points in real‑time spectral views
• Helps optimize channel selection, network design, and wireless performanceairView runs in the background without disabling the wireless link, so there is no disruption to the network.
In airView, there are three spectral views, each of which represents different data.
• Waterfall: Aggregate energy collected for each frequency
• Waveform: Aggregate energy collected
• Ambient Noise Level: Background noise energy shown as a function of frequency
Available with a firmware upgrade to airOS v7.1, airView provides powerful spectrum analyzer functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment for conducting site surveys.