Ubiquiti NanoStation Loco M2 MIMO, Point-to-Point Wireless Bridge/Base Station
- Connect two remote locations on the one network
- Share Internet connection between buildings, remote sites, etc.
- Up to 200mW output power, 2×2 MIMO operation, 100Mbps
- Integrated AirOS web software for controlling power, bridge/AP mode, etc.
- Includes POE injector and 240V AC adaptor
- Two units required for wireless bridge.
What is a NanoStation LOCO?
- If you’ve checked out the Ubiquiti NanoStation, the more cost effective LOCO version is simply a lower power unit designed for shorter distances
- There are some features, such as Dual-Ethernet capabilities, that the LOCO version doesn’t have, so if in doubt, please read through the specification sheet at the bottom of the page.
High Speed Point-to-Point Networking
- Forget Ethernet cable, the Ubiquiti NanoStation LOCO is ideal for bridging networks or sharing broadband between buildings
- To install, place the units at either end of the network and connect both to Ethernet cables – for example, connect the first unit into your modem at location one, and connect the second into an Ethernet switch or WiFi access point at the other location
- Face both units so they point towards each other and the link is established. Simple!
- This is a transparent data-link layer bridge, not a routed bridge – this means that you are creating a virtual ethernet cable between the two facilities, making network setup incredibly simple – no routing configuration, all protocols (DHCP, DNS, etc) just work
- Management of the Ubquiti device couldn’t be easier with SSH and SNMP protocol support, as well as a very intuitive HTTP interface.
802.11b/g/n WiFi Access Point
- Login to the AirOS management software and set to AP mode to create a high performance WiFi network
- With a wide directional broadcast angle the NanoStation LOCO is ideal for covering sports grounds and outdoor areas by a sector-by-sector approach
- You can learn how to set up the NanoStation as a long range WiFi access point by following our Guide to extend WiFi coverage using an Ubiquiti NanoStation
Ready to Install
- This unit has all networking hardware integrated and is completely weatherproof for permanent installation in even the toughest environments
- Signal strength indicators allow for quick and easy alignment. For best performance the unit should be roof mounted, high and clear of obstructions, via it’s integrated pole mounting bracket
- The units are powered via Power over Ethernet (PoE) – simply plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the NanoStation, and the other into the PoE Injector (which is plugged into AC power)
- This allows one cable to both power the unit and also carry network traffic. We recommend using Cat6 Outdoor UV Shielded Cable with this unit.